A CAUTIONARY NOTE

During my adventures in family history research, I have realized that, say, my great great grandparent or other ancestor is not only mine and the immediate family members and cousins of whom I am aware, but also of many people whom I will never meet. That being said, welcome.

If you choose to use information from the postings on this blog in your family tree research, please reference my blog. Also, I urge you to read the books I have mentioned in my different postings. You might find something else in the books that I overlooked or that is of specific interest to you.

Also, the following sites have been truly helpful in my research: www.Ancestry.com, www.findagrave.com, www.worldvitalrecords.com, and www.footnote.com. The newspaper articles mentioned in my blog postings are from www.genealogybank.com, www.newspaperarchive.com, www.worldvitalrecords.com, and www.ancestry.com. Also, if available, join the local genealogical societies in the counties and states from which your ancestors hailed. These societies have items which have not been posted on the Internet. Many states and counties have wonderful websites devoted to family history from those locations.

The true joy in researching family history is the thrill of the hunt.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Death certificate for Jennie Rozendal Krumwied


According to a copy of the death certificate issued by the State of Nebraska, Jennie Rozendal Krumwied was born in Holland, more specifically, after researching, in St. Annaparochie, Het Bildt, Friesland, the Netherlands, on 15 Oct 1875. Her parents were Pieter Jarigs Rozendal and Grietje Korttje Rozendal.

According to the 1900 United States census, Jennie came with her parents and five of her eleven siblings, (the remaining 6 siblings having been born in the USA) to the United States in 1880. (This year coincides with the information on her death certificate.) The 02 Jun 1880 US census finds Jennie and her birth family living in Leavenworth, KS. Her birth family also lived in Iowa for a time, before settling in Nebraska. It was in Omaha, Nebraska that Jennie married Charles Krumwied. According to her death certificate, Jennie spent the remaining 53 years of her life in Omaha. Together Charles and Jennie had eight children, one of whom was my grandmother. Jennie died of carcinoma of the stomach on 7 Apr 1944 at 6 a.m. She was buried at Mt. Hope Cemetery, Omaha, Nebraska, under the direction of C. C. Haynes, funeral director. Jennie Rozendal Krumwied was 68 years, 5 months and 22 days at the time of her death.

I have also posted this information on www.findagrave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment